1. Jenkins RW, Fisher DE. Treatment of advanced melanoma in 2020 and beyond. J Invest Dermatol. 2021; 141(1): 23-31.
2. Trappetti V, Fazzari JM, Fernandez-palomo C, Scheidegger M, Volarevic V, Martin OA, et al. Microbeam radiotherapy—a novel therapeutic approach to overcome radioresistance and enhance anti-tumour response in melanoma. Int J Mol Sci. 2021; 22(14): 7755.
3. Zhang L, Ji Z, Zhang J, Yang S. Photodynamic therapy enhances skin cancer chemotherapy effects through autophagy regulation. Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther. 2019; 28: 159-165.
4. Zhu W, Lee SJ, Castro NJ, Yan D, Keidar M, Zhang LG. Synergistic effect of cold atmospheric plasma and drug loaded core-shell nanoparticles on inhibiting breast cancer cell growth. Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 21974.
5. Correia JH, Rodrigues JA, Pimenta S, Dong T, Yang Z. Photodynamic therapy review: principles, photosensitizers, applications, and future directions. Pharmaceutics. 2021; 13(9): 1332.
6. Li XY, Tan LC, Dong LW, Zhang WQ, Shen XX, Lu X, et al. Susceptibility and resistance mechanisms during photodynamic therapy of melanoma. Front Oncol. 2020; 10: 597.
7. Nakajima K, Ogawa M. Phototoxicity in near-infrared photoimmunotherapy is influenced by the subcellular localization of antibody-IR700. Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther. 2020; 31: 101926.
8. Babington P, Rajjoub K, Canady J, Siu A, Keidar M, Sherman JH. Use of cold atmospheric plasma in the treatment of cancer. Biointerphases. 2017; 10(2): 029403.
9. Mohd Nasir N, Lee BK, Yap SS, Thong KL, Yap SL. Cold plasma inactivation of chronic wound bacteria. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2016; 605: 76-85.
10. Kleineidam B, Nokhbehsaim M, Deschner J, Wahl G. Effect of coldplasma on periodontal wound healing—an in vitro study. Clin Oral Investig. 2019; 23: 1941-1950.
11. Keping YA, Qikang JI, Zheng C, Guanlei DE, Shengyong YI, Zhen LI. Pulsed cold plasma-induced blood coagulation and its pilot application in stanching bleeding during rat hepatectomy. Plasma Sci Technol. 2018; 20(4): 044005.
12. Mateu-Sanz M, Tornín J, Brulin B, Khlyustova A, Ginebra MP, Layrolle P, et al. Cold plasma-treated ringer’s saline: a weapon to target osteosarcoma. Cancers (Basel). 2020; 12(1): 227.
13. Mirpour S, Piroozmand S, Soleimani N, Jalali Faharani N, Ghomi H, Fotovat Eskandari H, et al. Utilizing the micron sized non-thermal atmospheric pressure plasma inside the animal body for the tumor treatment application. Sci Rep. 2016; 6(1): 29048.
14. Yazdani Z, Mehrabanjoubani P, Biparva P, Rafiei A. Cytotoxicity effect of cold atmospheric plasma on melanoma (B16-f10), breast (mcf-7) and lung (a549) cancer cell lines compared with normal cells. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci. 2020; 30(187): 38-48.
15. Sklias K, Santos Sousa J, Girard PM. Role of short- and long-lived reactive species on the selectivity and anti-cancer action of plasma treatment in vitro. Cancers (Basel). 2021; 13(4): 615.
16. Vijayarangan V, Delalande A, Dozias S, Pouvesle JM, Robert E, Pichon C. New insights on molecular internalization and drug delivery following plasma jet exposures. Int J Pharm. 2020; 589: 119874.
17. Bauer G, Graves DB. Mechanisms of selective antitumor action of cold atmospheric plasma-derived reactive oxygen and nitrogen species. Plasma Process Polym. 2016; 13: 1157-1178.
18. Mateu-Sanz M, Tornín J, Ginebra MP, Canal C. Cold atmospheric plasma: a new strategy based primarily on oxidative stress for osteosarcoma therapy. J Clin Med. 2021; 10(4): 893.
19. Kurita H, Haruta N, Uchihashi Y, Seto T, Takashima K. Strand breaks and chemical modification of intracellular DNA induced by cold atmospheric pressure plasma irradiation. PLoS One. 2020; 15(5): e0232724.
20. Hua D, Cai D, Ning M, Yu L, Zhang Z, Han P, et al. Cold atmospheric plasma selectively induces G0/G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in AR-independent prostate cancer cells. J Cancer. 2021; 12(19): 5977-5986.
21. Fan J, Cheng Y, Sun M. Functionalized gold nanoparticles: synthesis, properties and biomedical applications. Chem Rec. 2020; 20(12): 1474-1504.
22. Aryal S, Bisht G. New paradigm for a targeted cancer therapeutic approach: a short review on potential synergy of gold nanoparticles and cold atmospheric plasma. Biomedicines. 2017; 5(3): 38.
23. Jawaid P, Rehman MU, Zhao QL, Misawa M, Ishikawa K, Hori M, et al. Small size gold nanoparticles enhance apoptosis-induced by cold atmospheric plasma via depletion of intracellular GSH and modification of oxidative stress. Cell Death Discov. 2020; 6: 83.
24. Chien YY, Wang TY, Liao PW, Wu WC, Chen CY. Folate-conjugaed and dual stimuli-responsive mixed micelles loading lndocyanine green for photothermal and photodynamic therapy. Macromol Biosci. 2018;18(6): e1700409.
25. Anshup A, Venkataraman JS, Subramaniam C, Kumar RR, Priya S, Kumar TR, et al. Growth of gold nanoparticles in human cells. Langmuir. 2005; 21(25): 11562-11567.
26. Hall EJ, Giaccia AJ. Radiobiology for the radiologist. 8th ed. Lippincottt William & Wilkins: 2018.
27. Szili EJ, Oh JS, Fukuhara H, Bhatia R, Gaur N, Nguyen CK, et al. Modelling the helium plasma jet delivery of reactive species into a 3D cancer tumour. Plasma Sources Sci Technol. 2018; 27: 14001.
28. Farooq MA, Niazi AK, Akhtar J, Farooq M, Souri Z, Karimi N, Rengel Z. Acquiring control: The evolution of ROS-Induced oxidative stress and redox signaling pathways in plant stress responses. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2019; 141: 353-369.
29. Momeni S, Bahreyni Toosi MT, Anvari K, Gholamhosseinian H, Soleymanifard S. Comparing two radiotherapy techniques of whole central nervous system tumors, considering tumor and critical organs’ dose provided by treatment planning system and direct measurement. J Cancer Res Ther. 2020; 16(6): 1470-1475.
30. Zhang Y, Huang F, Ren C, Liu J, Yang L, Chen S, et al. Enhanced radiosensitization by gold nanoparticles with acid-triggered aggregation in cancer radiotherapy. Adv Sci (Weinh). 2019; 6(8): 1801806.
31. Vlastou E, Diamantopoulos S, Efstathopoulos EP. Monte Carlo studies in Gold Nanoparticles enhanced radiotherapy: the impact of modelled parameters in dose enhancement. Phys Med. 2020; 80: 57-64.
32. Sazgarnia A, Bahreyni-Toosi MH, Montazerabadi AR, Ahmadi A. Indocyanine green acts as a photosensitizer but not a radiosensitizer: combined chemo-, photo-and radiotherapy of DFW human melanoma cells. J Exp Ther Oncol. 2016; 10(3): 189-196.
33. Karami-Gadallo L, Ghoranneviss M, Ataie-Fashtami L, Pouladian M, Sardari D. Enhancement of cancerous cells treatment by applying cold atmospheric plasma and photo dynamic therapy simultaneously. Clin Plasma Med. 2017; 7: 46-51.
34. Wang M, Geilich BM, Keidar M, Webster TJ. Killing malignant melanoma cells with protoporphyrin IX-loaded polymersome-mediated photodynamic therapy and cold atmospheric plasma. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017; 12: 4117-4127.
35. Vejdani Noghreiyan A, Imanparast A, Shayesteh Ara E, Soudmand S, Vejdani Noghreiyan V, Sazgarnia A. In-vitro investigation of cold atmospheric plasma induced photodynamic effect by Indocyanine green and Protoporphyrin IX. Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther. 2020; 31: 101822.
36. Keidar M, Walk R, Shashurin A, Srinivasan P, Sandler A, Dasgupta S, et al. Cold plasma selectivity and the possibility of a paradigm shift in cancer therapy. Br J Cancer. 2016; 105(9): 1295-1301.
37. Lin L, Wang L, Liu Y, Xu C, Tu Y, Zhou J. Non‑thermal plasma inhibits tumor growth and proliferation and enhances the sensitivity to radiation in vitro and in vivo. Oncol Rep. 2018; 40(6): 3405-3415.
38. Biscop E, Lin A, Van Boxem W, Van Loenhout J, De Backer J, Deben C, Dewilde S, Smits E, Bogaerts A. The influence of cell type and culture medium on determining cancer selectivity of cold atmospheric plasma treatment. Cancers (Basel). 2019; 11(9): 1287.
39. Moniruzzaman R, Rehman MU, Zhao QL, Jawaid P, Takeda K, Ishikawa K, et al. Cold atmospheric helium plasma causes synergistic enhancement in cell death with hyperthermia and an additive enhancement with radiation. Sci Rep. 2017; 7(1): 11659.
40. Saadati F, Mahdikia H, Abbaszadeh HA, Abdollahifar MA, Khoramgah MS, Shokri B. Comparison of direct and indirect cold atmospheric- pressure plasma methods in the B16F10 melanoma cancer cells treatment. Sci Rep. 2018; 8(1): 7689.